Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Computer Owners Just Can’t Hack It, Part 2

, , , | Right | July 19, 2010

(The customer is worried that her Internet account is being hacked because she doesn’t have the proper login to see her billing information.)

Caller: “You need to help me!”

Me: “What seems to be the problem?”

Caller: “My account is being hacked!”

Me: “How do you know that you’re being hacked?”

Caller: “I can’t see my billing information.”

Me: “I’m sorry about that. You may not have the administrative logins. Let me get them for you.”

(I pull up the woman’s account.)

Me: “Your username is [username] and your password is [password]. Please try to log in and let me know if you can see your billing information.”

Caller: “You’re the hacker!”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t understand.”

Caller: “How could you know my information if you aren’t the hacker?! That is my private information that only I can have access to and you can see it!”

Me: “I’m sorry that you feel that way, but I am not a hacker. I am here to help you.”

Caller: “I will report you to the FBI! Now I need to change my password. How do I do that?”

Me: “Would you like me to do that for you?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Related:
Some Computer Owners Just Can’t Hack It


This story is part of our customer conspiracy theorists roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

22 Times Religious Customers Went Biblical In The Store

 

Read the next customer conspiracy theorists roundup story!

Read the customer conspiracy theorists roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!