Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sold-Out Flip-Out

| Right | March 21, 2013

(We have started carrying a very popular toy line. We run out as soon as each shipment comes in.)

Customer #1: “Hey, I’d like to pick up [newest figure in the line], for my son.”

Me: “I’m sorry; we’re sold out of that one right now. We have another shipment coming in tomorrow. If you’d like to call in the morning, you can check then.”

Customer #1: “F****** ridiculous! Do you idiots think that this is a proper business model? I know that you have tons of them in the back room. You just put them out a few at a time to create demand!”

Me: “Trust me! With how fast this series is selling, we would put them on the shelves the moment we could.”

Customer #1: “Yeah, whatever. And they’re more expensive here than at [competing toy chain] anyway. Also, your displays are too confusing. And these video game displays are nothing but naked girls and guns! This place is disgusting! What message are you trying to send?!”

(Another customer intervenes.)

Customer #2: “This is a nation-wide company with thousands of stores. He’s standing behind the cash register on Tuesday night. No offense to him, but even if there was a corporate-wide toy conspiracy, does he look like he’d be in on it?”

Customer #1: “Still, I’m just… whatever. Idiotic place!”

(Customer #1 leaves in a huff.)

Customer #2: “Sorry, I don’t mean to imply that you’re not important.”

Me: “Oh, you don’t have to apologize. That made my night. Would you like a free poster?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!