Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Soda-rn Entitled!

, , , , | Right | June 13, 2022

I am closing the theater at night when my floor staff and I walk upstairs from the manager’s office. We see a stranger in the concessions stand. As we approach him, I let him know he is not allowed in staff areas and that he has to be wearing a mask.

As I ask him to leave a restricted area, he gets irate that we are not open and able to give him his refill. Mind you, we locked our doors almost two hours ago, so the last films are already quite a ways in, and we have already cleaned our soda towers (taken the nozzles off and cleaned them).

I am not sure how he got into our concessions stand, but he seemingly had no trouble putting the soda nozzle back on. He goes out through our employee door saying we should be working so he can get his refill. Then, he goes into the men’s restroom before going back to his film.

My general manager is not there to ask him to leave the building but lets me know later that I can refuse refill service to the man if I see him again. I absolutely will let him know service is not being offered to him, as well.

Bottom line, the customer is not always right nor do they have any authority to go into employee spaces. And when we are closed, we do not have any responsibility to assist them.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!