Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Argument Has No Leg To Stand On

, | Friendly | December 3, 2014

(I live on the second floor of the dorms. I usually take the stairs, but on this particular day, I’m carrying my suitcase. Another girl gets in the elevator with me and presses the button for the fifth floor. She stands directly in front of the buttons.)

Me: “Can you please hit two?”

Girl: “Ugh, why can’t you walk up the stairs?”

Me: “Excuse me? I’m carrying something.”

Girl: “Seriously, that doesn’t even look heavy. Just take the stairs!”

Me: “My hands would be full and I couldn’t hold the railing, not that it’s really any of your business. Besides, in the time it took you to argue your point, we could both be in our own rooms. Please hit two.”

Girl: “You’re being so ridiculous! It’s one flight of stairs!”

Me: “With my hands full, I really couldn’t.” *I bend down and roll up my pant leg a little past my ankle to show my artificial leg* “It’s been about a year now, but I still have a little trouble with stairs when I’m carrying stuff.”

Girl: *goes pale*

Me: “So, can you f****** hit two now?!”


This story is part of our Elevator roundup!

Read the next Elevator roundup story!

Read the Elevator roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!