Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Smoking With A Gun

, , , , | Right | March 4, 2013

(I work in a convenience store. We usually work in pairs because of the neighborhood, but my coworker is running late. A couple of regulars of mine find out and decide that they’ll hang out until he shows up. I’m female. We are chatting when a very obviously inebriated man comes stumbling into the store and up to the counter. He reeks of urine and has a gun in his hand, which he lays on the counter.)

Drunk Customer: “Gimme [Brand Of Cigarettes].”

Me: *trying not to look at his gun* “Long or short?”

Drunk Customer: “Short.”

Me: “Okay.”

(I hand him his cigs, and he fumbles with his wallet, still holding the gun. He tosses me some money, grabs the pack of cigarettes, and stumbles out without waiting for his change. I take a deep breath, pick up the phone, and dial 911.)

Me: “Um, yeah, there’s a drunk man with a gun wandering around [Street]. You might want to pick him up.”

(After I hang up, one of my regulars, who’d backed up slowly into the aisles during this exchange, comes up to me.)

Regular: “D***, you’ve got balls of steel!”


This story is part of the Convenience Store roundup!

Read the next Convenience Store roundup story!

Read the Convenience Store roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!