Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Smoking Before She Even Gets Cigarettes, Part 2

| Right | June 22, 2016

Customer: “Could I buy cigarettes on my card? I have just enough to pay for them but not enough to pull money from the ATM.”

Me: “Of course, got ID?”

Customer: *hands me ID*

Me: “What kind you need?”

Customer: “[Cheap Brand].”

Me: *grabs cigarette, rings up* “Okay, your total is [close to $8].”

Customer: *hands me her card; it’s an EBT for food stamps*

Me: “I’m sorry, you can’t purchase tobacco on these cards.”

Customer: “But you just said I could!”

Me: “I apologize, but that was before I knew it was an EBT card—”

Customer: “The other lady who works here lets me buy them all the time!”

Me: “You’re not allowed to purchase alcohol, tobacco, or any type of lottery on a state issued EBT card.”

(She just continues to argue with me before stomping out of the store. Later in the day she comes back with two other women, staring at me and complaining about how “this b***h wouldn’t sell me the cigarettes!”)

Me: *talking to the other women* “Hi, what can I get you?”

(The second lady throws wad of crumpled ones on counter and demands the same cigarettes brand. The first lady continues complaining to the third lady.)

Me: “Thanks, have a nice day!”

(I turned around to clean something while those three complained all the way out the door.)


Did you find this story from our No Smoking roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!