Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Smells Like Anti-Teenage Spirit

, , , , | Right | December 17, 2018

(I am fourteen years old. I start a neighborhood babysitting business to make some cash, and, after I start picking up steam, create a website. It is stated multiple times, in multiple places, that, although I am fully certified, I am only fourteen. Some people aren’t comfortable leaving their child in the hands of an older child, and I’m okay with that, but I inform potential clients beforehand on the website so they don’t think they’re all set and show up with a sitter that doesn’t exactly meet expectations. I have just been hired to watch a six-year-old on Mommy and Daddy’s night out.)

Me: *knocks on door*

Mother: *in makeup, heels, etc.* “Who are you!?”

Me: “I’m the babysitter. Remember?”

Mother: “No, no, no, no, no!”

Me: “I’m sorry? Is something wrong? I can wait a bit if you need more time…?”

Mother: “No, it’s not that! How old, are you, exactly?”

Me: “I’m fourteen, ma’am.”

Mother: “What!? I don’t want some… some… rebellious teenager putting a bad influence on my angel! Just look at your slutty booty-shorts and crop top!”

(I am wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and a cozy, oversized hoodie.)

Me: “Okay, well, I’m sorry that I didn’t, erm, meet your expectations, but I stated multiple times on my website, and in my correspondences with you, that I am only fourteen.”

Mother: “No, you didn’t! You have false advertising, you liar!”

Me: *pulls out phone and shows website, texts, and e-mails* “Ma’am, as you can see, you’ve been informed of this multiple times.”

(Just then, the husband walks out, looking like he just got out of the shower, with his daughter in tow.)

Father: “Oh, great. You must be the babysitter? Nice to meet you. Um, has my wife gone over the schedule?”

Mother: “No! I’m not letting her watch my angel! She’s so slutty!”

Father: “Honey, the only skin I see is her hands, face, and neck. Plus, the reviews on the site were shining!”

Mother: “I don’t care! I’m not bringing a bad influence into my household!”

(He pulls his wife away and they have a hushed discussion. Meanwhile, the girl is playing with her dolls. Eventually, he returns.)

Father: “Okay, so date night is off. We’ll find a different sitter next time. Daddy’s playing tea party tonight. Sorry to waste your time!”

Me: “Oh well. It’s fine; no problem. I hope your search is successful!”

(Honestly, the wife astounded me. How on Earth can you be so ignorant? At least the little girl got her tea party!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!