Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Small Minds Will Get Even Smaller Paychecks

| Working | October 15, 2012

(I’m a little person, but I’m quite tall for one at 4’3″. This happens as I’m trying to find a place to buy a bra. I find the closest worker on the floor.)

Me: “Hello! How are you today?”

Employee: *ignores me*

Me: “Excuse me, Miss, but I’m looking to get fitted.”

Employee: *makes a disgusted face* “We don’t have anything in your size here.”

Me: “How would you know if I’m not measured?”

Employee: “Oh my God, just look at you! You’re fat and short, and we don’t need you wearing our brand!”

Me: “Can I speak to a manager?”

Employee: “Just get out! OH MY GOD!”

(A few weeks later, my friends and I try again. My friend and I get fitted and pick out some nice pieces. We are happy until we got to the register and I see the clerk is the woman for last time.)

Me: *putting things back* “I really don’t want to deal with that woman today. I’ll meet you guys outside.”

My Friend: “No, come on. It’s been a good day.”

Me: “Alright.”

(I begrudgingly go up with her to the register.)

Employee: *sweetly, to my friend* “That’ll be $xxx.xx.”

My Friend: *gets out a wad of cash to pay*

Employee: *to me* “I TOLD you we didn’t have your size.”

My Friend: “Actually, they measured her. She was going to get some things before she saw you.”

Employee: “Well, I… uh—”

My Friend: “Nope, we’re done here.” *leaves her stuff on the counter and walks with me to the door*

(We found better prices at their competitor anyway!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!