Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sleep Talking And Flying And Mailing

| Related | June 14, 2015

(Although we live in the US, we have decided to travel to Fiji for a 14-day trip over the summer. I am about 12, and my 50-something-year-old father, and my 79-year-old grandmother are with me. By the time we reach our resort, we’ve spent about 24 hours traveling. My grandmother instantly falls asleep, while I’m reading in the next bed over.)

Dad: *walks in from his room* “Would you like to get a snack?”

Grandma: *sits up and opens her eyes* “Aren’t you going to get the mail?”

Dad & Me: “We’re in Fiji.”

Grandma: “I know, aren’t you getting the mail?”

Dad: “Mom, we’re in Fiji.”

Grandma: “Aren’t we having it forwarded?”

(Soon, she goes to the bathroom and comes back with no recollection of the conversation. Dad later confesses he thought she had a stroke. A couple years later in Hawaii my grandma and I are sharing a room. I’m listening to music and reading while she naps. Suddenly sits up and says something to me, eyes wide open.)

Me: *takes out earbuds* “I didn’t hear you, sorry. What did you say?”

Grandma: “Where’s the pudding?” *we don’t have any pudding, nor is she particularly fond of it*

Me: “We don’t have any pudding.”

Grandma: “I want my pudding!”

(She rolled right over and fell asleep. She didn’t remember that conversation either, and refuses to believe she talks in her sleep!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!