Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Slamming The Window Shut On Your Employment

, , , , | Working | April 17, 2022

My mom was the head manager at a fast food chain when I was in high school. I was there fairly often and most employees knew me on sight. I went through the drive-thru one day and asked for a meal with a shake.

Me: “Hey, sorry, I don’t have a straw.”

Window Attendant: “It’s in the bag.”

She shut the window and walks away.

Me: *Searching the bag* “It’s not… here…”

I reached out and knocked on the window.

Window Attendant: *With an attitude* “What?!”

Me: “I need a straw.”

Window Attendant: “And I told you it’s in the bag.”

She tried to shut the window again but my hand was there.

Window Attendant: “Move!”

Me: “Give me a straw, [Window Attendant].”

Window Attendant: “F***! Just go!”

She pulled my hand off the window sill and slammed the window again. I went home, unhappy.

Mom: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “[Window Attendant] was a b**** about giving me a straw for my shake.”

Mom: “Why?”

I told her what had happened.

Mom: “Are you serious?”

Me: “Yeah! Check your camera!”

A few days later, I went through the drive-thru again and the same girl was there. She saw me at the window and rolled her eyes.

Window Attendant: *Sarcastic voice* “Do you have everything? Oh, right. You must need another straw. Wouldn’t want you to cry to Mommy again!”

She picked up a handful of straws and threw them at me in my car before slamming the window.

Me: “Hey!” *Knocks on the window* “Hey, what is your problem?”

Window Attendant: *Flipping me off* “Leave, you spoiled f****** b****!”

I didn’t move. I knew her timer was running up and she would get in trouble. I sat there and called the store line. The Manager On Duty answered. 

MOD: “[Fast Food Restaurant], this is [MOD] speaking.”

Me: “Hey, it’s [My Name]. I’m sitting at the pickup window. Can you remind [Window Attendant] that all of her attitude was just captured on the camera right in front of her?”

MOD: *Heavy sigh* “Yeah… thanks for calling. I’ll work it out.”

My mom later told me that [Window Attendant] was terminated right then and there. Apparently, she was rude to me because she thought I was getting free food and it was unfair that she only got 50% off as an employee. I could have had free food, but I actually paid full price.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!