Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sizes Tend To Flip And Flip

, , , | Right | January 12, 2018

(I work as an apparel associate. We tend to have specific employees who work the shoe department, but currently they’re both on lunch due to poor scheduling. My coworker gets a call for a customer needing assistance in the shoe department.)

Coworker: “[My Name], can you go to shoes?”

(I go to the shoe department and find the customer needing help pretty quickly. He’s a middle-aged man standing in the ladies’ sandal aisle, looking confused.)

Me: “Can I help you with anything today, sir?”

Customer: “Yeah, I was looking for a pair of flip-flops for my wife, but I’m not sure what to get her.”

(I proceed to show how our flip-flops are sized small, medium, and large, so there’s so leeway in sizing them.)

Me: “Do you know what size shoe she generally wears?”

Customer: “Well, she’s about your height. What size do you wear?”

Me: “Sir, height and shoe size don’t have any real connection.”

Customer: “What are you talking about? Of course there is. Now, she’s your height; what size should she wear?”

(Realizing he didn’t get it, I got him a pair of mediums and very carefully explained our store’s return policy to him. I’m guessing he’s never paid attention to how different shoe sizes are between people of the same height!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!