Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Size Six Pants, Size 100 Attitude

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Philosapphocal | March 21, 2022

I was on the sales floor at the clothing store where I work.

Customer: “I want the blue pants that mannequin is wearing. They’re my size, and they’re the only ones in that color.”

I don’t mean to sound rude, but the pants were not her size, especially since my store has display pants specially tailored for mannequins.

Me: “Those pants are display only, ma’am, so I can’t get them for you. But we should be getting more of those pants soon and in more colors.”

Customer: “Just get me those pants! Those are the ones I want!”

I tried to explain things to her one more time, but she screamed at me:

Customer: “JUST GET YOUR F****** MANAGER!”

I paged my manager, and she came down shortly after. The customer pointed at me.

Customer: *Angrily* “WHY ARE YOUR EMPLOYEES SO F****** STUPID THAT THEY CAN’T EVEN SELL A PAIR OF PANTS?”

I was pretty much in tears at this point, and my manager was trying to explain to the woman again, but she just wouldn’t listen.

After a couple of minutes, my manager sighed.

Manager: “Ma’am, exactly what size do you need?”

Customer: “A six!”

My manager went to the mannequin and looked at the size label on the pants. Guess what?

Manager: “Ma’am, these are a size two. And they’re not even real pants; they’re just pinned together.”

The woman went pale and stammered:

Customer: “I— I saw that they were a six! I could’ve sworn they were!”

She hastily apologized and left without the pants.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!