Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Love Makes Fools Of Us All

| Related | September 21, 2014

(I have just mentioned to my grandmother that I will be seeing a production of Romeo and Juliet soon.)

Me: “I’m so excited to see it since I loved reading the play. The story’s themes are so great, like giving up social positions and family status for true love. However, I do think it is seriously illogical for two people to fall in love after a single conversation, marry the next day, and commit suicide when the other is dead on the third day.”

Grandmother: “But that’s how love works; as soon as you first meet them, you know they’re the one. It can’t go any other way.”

Me: “Well, I guess some people do get a crush on somebody after one day, but love takes a lot longer.”

Grandmother: “What makes you think you know anything about love? You’re just a kid!”

Me: “Actually, I do know something about love. I’ve really liked a friend of mine for the past year, even though we started off as just friends. Tonight is senior prom, and I just went through having to hear all about his date for the dance, somebody who only likes him because of how he looks, not his amazing personality. At the moment, I’m having a major breakdown, and judging by the fact that I feel my entire world has crumbled around me, I can definitely say I am in love and heartbroken. So I think my opinion of love is just as valuable as yours.”

Grandmother: *shuts up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!