Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Singing Her Own Praises

, , , , , | Working | August 5, 2020

The manager of our local community centre is moving on to pastures new after seven years of sterling service, so naturally, the centre has been advertising for a new manager. The criteria for the job are pretty standard: applicants must have experience of managing a community centre or similar, must have a proven track record of fundraising, etc.

There have been a few… shall we say, interesting… applications, but a recent one was an absolute stand-out. The applicant, for some unfathomable reason, believed she was applying for a job as an Avon representative; Avon sells cosmetics door-to-door in the UK. The icing on the cake came under her list of qualifications, where she listed “Mother of a Musician and Singer” as being a suitable qualification for the position.

Those of us on the selection panel are still frantically scratching our heads trying to figure out on what planet “Mother of a Musician and Singer” has any bearing on the suitability of a candidate applying for a top management position at a community centre.


This story is part of the singing silliness roundup!

Read the next singing silliness roundup story!

Read the singing silliness roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!