Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

SIMBY: Snots In My Back Yard

, , , , | Right | November 30, 2009

Me: “Campus Security, this is [My Name].”

Caller: “Hi, I live across the street from you guys on [street name], and there is a lot of litter on your property near where I live. I’m feeling very threatened by it! It’s bringing the property values down and attracting the wrong kind of people.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll call Buildings and Grounds and have them go out and check for it.”

Caller: “Thank you, because it’s really threatening!”

Me: “Not a problem, ma’am.”

(The caller hangs up and I call over to Buildings and Grounds, who agrees to look into it. Immediately after I hang up with them, my phone starts ringing again.)

Me: “Campus Security, this is [My Name].”

Caller: “Hi, it’s me again. I just called you.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. I called Buildings and Grounds and they’re going out to look for the litter.”

Caller: “Oh, good. I just called to tell you that there’s a group of little people out there and I think they might be responsible for the litter.”

Me: “…little people?”

Caller: “Yeah, there’s a big group of them. It’s a problem!”

Me: “Alright, ma’am. I will go out and see what’s up.”

(When I arrive at the location, what do I find? Teachers, parents, and a videographer watching a group of kids foraging through the grass: it was an Easter egg hunt by the on-campus daycare center.)


This story is part of our Weird Words roundup!

Read the next Weird Words roundup story!

Read the Weird Words roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!