Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sibling Intolerant

, , , , , | Related | March 10, 2021

My sister is visiting, and my partner and I decide to treat her to a local steak house. I’m lactose intolerant, but I know my limits and read menus carefully. When it comes time to order, my sister loudly asks while I’m trying to order if an item we discussed has dairy in it, which she is told it does. I shrug and order what I had planned to, as it wasn’t what she was asking about.

The food comes out and my sister is given a replacement item, the waiter explaining that he made a substitution as she had asked. She angrily tells them that she was asking for me and requests what she ordered. My partner and I shake our heads, but her meal is replaced.

I am so used to it that it doesn’t even register, but my partner points out that, as an adult, I don’t need her to ask for me. I agree, but sadly, this is not the first nor last time she would talk over me to “take care of me.” I may not be the smartest person on earth, but I know how to ask for myself if I need to!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!