Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Showing Some Puppy Love

| Working | April 27, 2014

(About two months earlier, I adopted a small dog from a local shelter. Recently I have discovered some mix-ups with her papers and found that she hadn’t gotten her annual shots and hadn’t had a dental checkup which I had paid for with the shelter, which the shelter had previously informed me she had. I’m at the vet with her and have just found out the cost of everything and have begun to panic a little because it is more than I can afford at this time (dental is crazy expensive), as my savings had just been depleted by some emergency vehicle repairs.)

Me: “I’m so sorry. I really can’t afford the full set of shots right now. I can afford the necessary shots at the moment, but I’m going to have to wait a bit on her teeth.”

Receptionist: *looking over my paperwork and records* “So you paid for the dental treatment at the shelter and they never had it done?”

Me: “Yeah, it looks that way… I’m going to have to call them and get this sorted.”

Receptionist: “Pfft, hon, don’t even worry about it. We’ll take care of it.”

Me: “… Wait… What?”

Receptionist: “Look, you seem like a good girl. You’ve got a head on your shoulders but you’ve hit a rough patch and money is a little tight right now. Couple mix ups and mistakes and you’re just trying to do your best to take care of this little pooch. Just pay for the shots and we’ll say the dental is included this time around!”

Me: “Oh, my god… I don’t know how to… Thank you so much!”

Receptionist: “No worries, hon! And just so you know, too, we offer interest-free payment plans for if anything comes up in the future.”

Me: “Thank you. Thank you so much!”

Receptionist: “Take care of that pup!

(That lady has won a client for life.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!