Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Keep Better Account Of His Account, Part 2

| Right | April 4, 2013

(I am a bank teller. A senior citizen is asking to withdraw a large sum of money from his account.)

Me: “Okay, I’ll just need to see a picture ID because of the amount you are withdrawing.”

Customer: “Oh, my God, why?! I come in here all the time!”

Me: “I apologize, sir. I’ll definitely make a note of this for next time. Since I do not know you, I will need to see an ID. It’s to protect me, as well as yourself.”

Customer: “Are you f****** kidding me?! Why?! This is ridiculous! I totally come in here all the time!”

Me: “Well, sir, in the event that someone comes in here and acts like they are you, would you want us to go ahead and take out the money and not ask for ID?”

Customer: “Oh, my God! This is ridiculous! No one is going to do that. Give me my money now! I am not taking out my ID! You know who I am.”

(A line has built up behind him. The customer next in line chimes in.)

Other Customer: “Oh, my God! Quit being so ridiculous! If you really don’t care, I’ll go ahead and take money out of your account right now. I mean, what does it matter? You don’t care about your account security, so you’ll be okay with just anyone taking money out, right?”

(The customer rolls his eyes.)

Customer: “Whatever. No one will really do that. I’m totally going to my other bank. This is ridiculous!”

(He steps off to the side, and the next customer comes up.)

Other Customer: “Hello, I’d like to withdraw $1,000 from that ridiculous gentleman’s account, please! Oh, my God, like, totally give me all twenties!”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!