Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Read The Receipt Right Out Of The Box(ing Day)

, , , | Right | December 27, 2020

It is December 27th. A customer approaches customer services.

Me: “Good morning, sir. How may I help you today?”

Customer: “Good. I bought this camera a week ago and it’s now on sale for $120 less. I’d like to get a price adjustment.”

Me: “I see, sir. Unfortunately, I can’t do that as today’s sale is an exclusive one-day sale and we cannot price adjust any previous purchases.”

Customer: “But, it’s in your store policy and promise to customers. Yes, you can.”

Me: “Any other time of the year sir, yes, but not this particular sale.”

Customer: “A sale is a sale! I want my refund for the difference. That’s all!”

Me: “I understand that, sir, but it’s against store policy and if I were to give you the money back, I could lose my job.”

Customer: “I want to talk to your manager!”

Me: “He will tell you just the same, sir. It’s a sale set by head office. It says on your receipt that we cannot correct prices on this particular date.”

Customer: “Well! If it did, I wouldn’t be standing here now, would I!”

A little flustered, I pause for a few moments, not sure what to say to this angry customer. But before I even have a chance to tell him again, he glances at his receipt.

Receipt: “We will not be accepting refunds, price corrects, or price matches during the Boxing Day Sale, December 27th.”

The customer now realizes that he is actually WRONG. Even so, he isn’t prepared to accept it. He slams his hand down on the counter, startling nearby customers and me, snatches up his camera, and looks me right in the eyes while grunting.

Customer: “Go f*** yourself, buddy.”

He then stormed out of the store with his camera and his receipt that had gotten the better of him.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!