Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Put Dairy In The Diary

| Right | December 23, 2014

(I work in a fast food coffee shop. Every year since it opened, our location has been the only store to remain open during the holidays. I volunteer to work Christmas Day.)

Coworker: “Thank you for choosing [Store]. How can we help you?”

Customer: *in drive thru* “Excuse me, are you guys open?”

Coworker: “Yes, ma’am, we are. What can we get for you?”

Customer: “Do you know if the grocery store next door is open?”

Coworker: “Unfortunately I do not know their holiday hours. You will have to go take a look.”

Customer: “You are a coffee shop, right? You must have cream, right?”

Coworker: “Yes, ma’am, we do.”

Customer: “Great. I don’t want to go the store, so can I have 16 cups of cream?”

Coworker: “I am sorry; I have no way of entering that into my till.”

Customer: “Well, just give me a carton.”

Coworker: “I can’t do that, ma’am. I will need to charge you for it, but since we don’t sell cream by the cup or carton I have no way of doing so.”

Customer: “Just give me some d*** cream. I need it for a recipe for Christmas dinner. It is an emergency!”

Coworker: “Once again, I am sorry but we cannot just give you 16 cups of cream.”

Customer: “Well, what am I going to do now for dinner?!”

Coworker: “I do not know, ma’am, but if it was as important as you said you wouldn’t have waited to get the ingredients until Christmas Day, when everything basically closes.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!