Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Made Another Longer Call

, , , , , | Friendly | April 18, 2022

I work at a motorway service station and have just finished an eight-hour shift. I go to my car to find the woman next to me has parked at such an angle that her bumper is very close to my driver’s door. I drove into the space forward; she had reversed in.

I open the passenger door to put my things in and then carefully squeeze in the driver’s door. In the process, I bend my leg at such an awkward angle that I end up with a cramp in my hip, which is very unpleasant.

Before I drive home, I have a call to make, so I just take a moment to use my phone. While I am doing this, the woman returns, glares at me, and makes a massive deal of trying to open her door. She then slams it, and shouts through my closed window:

Woman: “Are you moving or what? I need to get in my car!”

I hastily finished my call and left. I’d spent the day dealing with rude customers and didn’t have the energy to argue.

Sorry, lady, if you want to get in your car, perhaps learn to park properly! To make it worse, she had actually bent in my wing mirror as if I was the one in the wrong taking up too much room!

The next day, I made a point of parking in a space beside a no-parking zone so I could go over the line a little. I internally face-palmed when I went to my car to find someone still parked dangerously close to me again.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!