Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Listened To Their Direction

| Right | November 10, 2016

(I work for a hardware store. It should be noted that there are about ten stores within 50 km of each other. It’s Sunday morning so there are only four staff members on: a middle-aged white man, a tiny Indian girl, myself, who is a dark hair female, and a blonde lady. A customer calls up and I answer.)

Caller: “Hi, can I please talk to someone in special orders?”

Me: “I am awfully sorry, sir, but our special orders girl isn’t—”

Caller: “I wasn’t finished talking. I want to speak to someone in special orders; I was in earlier today.”

Me: “Like I started saying, sir, she’s not in today and there is no one in with the knowledge to help you out at this time. You—”

Caller: “LOOK HERE. I WAS IN EARLIER TODAY AND I SAW HER! SHE WAS SITTING AT THE DESK WITH TWO REDHEADS AND A CROATIAN MAN. TELL THEM TO STOP TALKING AND DO SOME DAMN WORK. NOW, GIVE ME TO ONE OF THEM. NOW!”

(I am taken aback and confused as no such people have worked here ever.)

Me: “Sir, did you come into [Our Store Location]?”

Caller: “Well, obviously.”

Me: “On [Street]?”

Caller: “Um, NO! I KNOW WHERE I WENT! IT WAS ON [Other Street, at least 13 km away].”

Me: “And that would be your problem then, sir. You have called [Store Location on Street] when you actually went to [Other Location on Other Street].”

Caller: “Oh… Well, then. Who’s the d***-head now…” *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!