Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have It Pinned Down By Now

| Right | September 17, 2014

(I am cashing out a customer who has just slid her debit card.)

Customer: “This number pad is so big. Everyone can see me entering my PIN!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I assure you that I can’t see it from here.”

(In addition, I make an obvious attempt to look away. The customer finishes typing in her PIN, and then taps ‘cancel.’)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. You did tap cancel, so it’ll just have you slide your card and enter your PIN again.”

(She sighs dramatically, grumbling about the size of the number pad and how everyone can see. She finishes entering the PIN, and then taps ‘cancel’ again.)

Me: “I’m sorry. It looks like you tapped cancel again. Slide your card one more time, then enter your PIN and make sure to tap the green ‘enter’ button.”

(She gave me an ‘are you kidding me?’ look, and then reluctantly slid it again. As she typed in her PIN for a third time, she mumbled something along the lines of ‘after all this, you’ll have it memorized’…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!