Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Framed It Correctly

| Right | October 14, 2014

(I work in a framing store. I have been at this job only a couple of weeks when this happens – all I knew was basically that we sold frames. I need experience on the phone so I have to start taking calls. A call comes in.)

Me: “Good afternoon, [Company]. You’re speaking with [My Name].”

Caller: “Oh, hi. I made an Internet order with you and you seem to have sent me the wrong size.”

(We sometimes do Internet orders for pre-made frames. At this point I’m not super familiar with the sizes we can do.)

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry about that; if you pass on the details to me I’ll speak to my manager.”

Caller: “That’s great. It was the tiger-lily, and you’ve sent me the size eight when I ordered the size ten.”

Me: “Size eight? Uh… ok, well we may have to look you up in the system to find the details.”

Caller: ‘Do you have a size ten?”

Me: *totally confused but in it too deep now and the woman is getting angry* ‘Uh… I’m sure we can fix the problem for you. I’m just going to get my manager to look for your order and give you a call back.”

(I take her name and details and end the call, thinking my manager can work out what’s happening, because I have no idea. She looks in the system for a customer order with an artwork described as ‘tiger-lily’ but finds nothing. I explain the size issue, but the sizing doesn’t match what we offer. My manager tells me to call the woman back and try to get more information.)

Caller: “Hello?”

Me: “Hi there. It’s [My Name] calling back from [Company].”

Caller: “Oh, hi.”

(The caller thinks I’m the manager now, having just spoken to me five minutes ago.)

Caller: “I made an Internet order for the tiger-lily and it’s the wrong size, and I just wanted to return it and get the right one. It’s the tiger-lily.”

Me: *it’s starting to dawn on me what’s going on* “I’m sorry. Is this for clothing?”

Caller: *angry now* ‘No! It’s the tiger-lily!! The bikini—”

Me: “A bikini? We don’t sell those. We sell frames.”

(Silence.)

Caller: “Is this phone number [not our phone number]?”

Me: “No, it’s [our phone number].”

(Silence.)

Caller: “I’m sorry I’ve called the wrong number.” *click*

(Of course, now that I am experienced I would know the error straight away, but I have sadly not received such an entertaining call since that day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!