Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Espresso’d It Clearer

, | Working | April 2, 2014

(I get a pound of coffee from the display in front and take it up to the counter.)

Me: “Good morning. May I have a bacon wrap and a medium cappuccino with an extra shot of espresso?”

(Cappuccino is normally made with espresso, but I’m requesting extra.)

Cashier: “Bacon wrap?”

Me: “Yes, please.”

Cashier: “Is that bacon, egg, and cheese?”

Me: “Yes.”

Cashier: “Okay, and what else?”

Me: “Medium cappuccino with an extra espresso shot.”

Cashier: “Okay…” *looks at register for several seconds and doesn’t press anything* “I’ll make it.”

(While the cashier tries to work out how to make my drink, another worker calls out to me.)

Worker: “What kind of bagel was that, ma’am?”

Me: “Oh,it was actually a bacon wrap.”

(The worker nods, and then shows the cashier how to make a cappuccino.)

Cashier: *rings up a medium coffee* “$5.39 please.”

Me: “Oh you’ve actually charged me for—”

Cashier: “Oh I know! The wrong coffee.” *very cheerful about it and apparently not going to correct it*

Me: “And you’ve charged me for a bagel instead of a wrap.”

Cashier: “Oh! Sorry. $3.47.”

Me: “You know you didn’t charge me enough for the cappuccino?”

Cashier: “Oh… [Coworker], how do you ring up a cappuccino?”

Coworker: “There’s a cappuccino button.”

Cashier: *rings it up* “Okay! $4.37.”

Me: “And the espresso?”

Cashier: “Oh right. I didn’t put it in yet. Coworker, she wanted a shot of espresso!”

Coworker: “Another one?”

Cashier: *to me* “We already put it in.”

(I’m not sure if she means that she added an extra shot or just what normally comes in it, but I just nod. She rings up a 49-cent shot, although the menu says they are 99 cents. I don’t correct it because 50 cents isn’t worth any more confusion.)

Cashier: “$4.89 please.”

Me: “And the pound of coffee…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!