Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Built On A Stronger Foundation

| Working | November 5, 2014

(My friend and I are out shopping for makeup together. We decide to go into this store to check if they still have the same foundation she likes to use. We are quite happy browsing alone, but a shop assistant approaches us.)

Assistant: “Hi, girls, found everything you’re looking for?”

Friend: “Actually, I was just wondering if you still had this foundation?”

Assistant: “Oh, you don’t want that. It’s moisturising.”

Friend: “Yes, I know. I use it a lot and wanted to check if you still had it. I have very dry skin.”

Assistant: “No! You’re a teenager and you have blemishes. Moisturiser will just make your skin even greasier! Come over, I’ll show you our special range for oily skin.”

Friend: “No, it’s fine…”

(The assistant literally grabs hold of my friend’s hand and leads her over to their most expensive range of foundation.)

Assistant: “Now these will dry out the oil on your skin. Stop all those oily spots you have!”

Friend: “My skin isn’t oily. It’s actually really dry. That’s why I have these spots! I just want the foundation I always have. That’s all!”

Assistant: “But you’re a teenager! Teenagers always have greasy skin! And look at you, you’re really spotty! That’s typical teenager symptoms. You NEED to have this foundation!”

Friend: “Actually, we’ll just leave. Those are too expensive for me anyway. Thanks for the… um… help.”

Assistant: “Don’t walk away from me! You’re spotty! You need this!”

Me: “Thanks, but no…”

Assistant: “Well, you teenagers should get a d*** job! At least you’d be able to afford decent makeup!”

(We left without buying anything.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!