Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Bean Nicer

, , , | Right | May 12, 2021

I’m working on Easter Sunday when I have a woman come up to me looking for jellybeans. Knowing the stock in the store is very limited, I point her to the Easter candy section.

Customer: “I already looked over there and the jellybeans were all black licorice flavor. I’m baking an Easter cake and I need small jellybeans to put on it! I was hoping I could find something cheap in the Easter candy!”

Me: “We can check the candy aisle; I know there are jellybeans there.”

I take her over to the candy aisle where there are jellybeans, and as soon as I do, some other customers notice the customer I’m helping. They all stop and exchange pleasantries with each other. I go over to the jellybeans and see that the selection is picked over. There are several flavors in a gourmet brand and another brand. As soon as I point them out, I can tell she isn’t happy.

Customer: “No, no, no! These won’t do! These are too big. These are too expensive! I want cheap jellybeans! You don’t have any cheap jellybeans in this store?!”

Me: “No, ma’am, I’m sorry. These are the only spots in the store where we would have jellybeans.”

Customer: “I can’t believe it’s Easter and you have no jellybeans! What am I supposed to do now?!”

One of the customer’s acquaintances butts in.

Customer #2: “Next time, don’t wait until Easter Sunday to buy your d*** candy!”


This story is part of our Easter 2024 roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!