Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Shooting Yourself In The Foot After Getting It In The Door

, , , | Right | July 27, 2009

(A woman with a resume approaches our hostess at six pm on a very busy Friday night.)

Woman: “I’d like to speak to a manager, please.”

Hostess: “They’re all busy right now, but I can take your resume and pass it along.”

Woman: “No. I want to speak with a manager now.”

Hostess: “Well, like I said, they’re all unavailable right now, but I can pass along–”

Woman: “No. I want a manager now. I want them to put a face to the name on the resume. I want to be professional!”

Hostess: “I’m sorry, but you’ve walked in at the beginning of the dinner rush. Perhaps you should try coming back during the slow times, usually three to five pm?”

Woman: “No. I am here now, and I will speak with a manager now! You are being unprofessional!”

Hostess: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I really can’t ask them to conduct an interview when they are backed up with orders.”

Woman: “Fine! This is a waste of my time!”

(The woman ripped her resume in two, dropped it on the floor, and stormed out the front door. Suffice it to say, she wasn’t professional enough for the job.)


This story is part of the Customers Suffering The Consequences Of Their Own Actions roundup!

Read the next story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!