Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Shirty With The Truth, Part 3

, , , , | Right | February 16, 2021

I’m ringing a customer’s items up when she hands me a [High-End Designer] shirt.

Customer: “This shirt doesn’t have a tag but it’s $10.99.”

Me: “I highly doubt that since it’s a [High-End Designer] shirt, but I can look it up for you in the system.”

I look up the item via a generic list of codes we have at the register and it says it’s $20.99.

Customer: “I’m not going to pay that much; that isn’t the correct price.”

Me: “That’s fine. I will look on the floor for something similar.”

Customer: “I looked already; you’re not going to find anything!”

I go onto the floor, and sure enough, I find the same item in a different color. While heading back to the register, I watch as the customer takes a tag from her hoodie pocket and places it between the clothes like it was there this whole time.

Me: “The shirt is $24.99.”

Customer: “No, it’s not.”

To humor her, I take her random tag and scan it to show her it isn’t the real tag and continue to ring up her items. She looks confused at the total.

Customer: “I thought the shirt was $20.99? You looked it up in the computer.”

Me: “No, ma’am, it is $24.99. That’s a generic code to use if I cannot find the item. I wanted to make sure you got the right price.”

She sighed, paid for her items, and left.

Related:
Shirty With The Truth, Part 2
Shirty With The Truth

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!