Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s Dog-Gone Lost It

, , , , , | Right | April 4, 2022

I am working as a cashier close to Christmas, so everyone is on edge and my managers look like they want to die. My main manager is new and still getting used to everything; he tries to please everyone within reason.

In walks a customer, already complaining about how busy we are. She heads towards the grocery section and is forgotten. Then about ten minutes later I hear on the walkie that a customer is angry because a woman came in with a dog. I can see the light drain from my manager’s eyes. He looks like he wants to be anywhere else, especially as we see the customer stomp back up to the front.

Customer:Are you the store manager?!”

Yes, she emphasized ‘are’ and ‘store’ like Nicholas Cage.

Manager: “Just the front-end manager, ma’am. Can I help you?”

Customer:There is a dog in your store!

Manager: “Well yes, ma’am, we are a dog-friendly store—”

Customer: “That is disgusting! I’m calling the health department!”

Manager: “Ma’am, you can, but we are a private business that can set those rules in place.”

Customer:We will see about that!”

She then finds the health department number and calls them. I can only hear her side obviously, and her reaction is golden:

Customer:What do you mean they can do that?!”

With that, she stormed out. My manager just looked at me and mouthed “dear God”. Had me dying for the rest of the day.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!