Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s Cooking Up A Scheme To Get Her Food

, , , | Right | CREDIT: GreenChorizo | April 23, 2021

The restaurant where I work is only open 8 am – 3 pm, and we take orders all the way up until we are closed. If someone places an order at 2:59 pm, we take it. If we are busy until closing time, I sometimes allow an order to be placed within a five-minute window after we are closed, though I only do it for carryout only.

If we have no new orders for the last half hour, I’m usually very firm on not accepting orders after 3 pm because the kitchen is cleaning up and putting things away.

Today was a very slow day. We had one customer who came in before two and was still there by three because he was waiting for his ride to come to get him. Between two and three, there are no other orders, and the kitchen staff is cleaning up and putting everything away. By 3 pm, they are putting on their coats and walking out the door.

A woman and her daughter come in a couple of minutes after closing.

Customer: “We’d like a table for two.”

Me: “We are closed, ma’am. Apologies for the inconvenience, but we are open 8 AM – 3 PM every day.”

Customer: “It’s only 3:03, you can’t serve us?”

All this while our head cook is walking out the door.

Me: “Our kitchen staff is literally leaving.”

I point at the cook who is heading to his car, then she points at the customer who had come in an hour before.

Customer: “But you’re serving that guy!”

Me: “He ordered forty-five minutes ago when we were still open, ma’am.”

Customer:*To her daughter* “Wait here.”

This lady then CHASES DOWN MY D** COOK! According to him, she asked him to come back and reopen the kitchen! Which definitely was unsuccessful because she came back and grabbed her daughter and left, while homeboy got in his car and drove off.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!