Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s Acting Basic (Room)

, , , | Right | May 4, 2020

While I’m working at the front desk of a hotel one night, a husband and wife check in. The wife is a larger woman. They made reservations for the smallest room the hotel offers. Most people who make the reservations online are able to see pictures of the room so it isn’t like they are blindly coming into this.

About an hour after checking in, this lady phones down.

Me: “Front desk, how can I help you?”

Silence.

Me: “Hello?”

Female Guest: “Are all your rooms this God awful?”

I already know where this is going.

Me: “No, ma’am.”

Female Guest: “Well, this room is horrible!

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, if you’d like, I can upgrade you, but it’s an extra $30.”

Female Guest: “No. I’m not paying for the upgrade. I just want a larger room without having to pay for it.”

Me: “Ma’am, hotel policy states that—”

Female Guest: “Is it your hotel policy to stick people in a closet?!”

Me: “No.”

I hear the click of them hanging up. They call back moments later.

Me: “Front desk, how can I help you?”

In the most perfect, petulant child voice…

Female Guest: “It’s hot and too small! Do you put all of your guests in closets?!”

Me: “Just the ones that pay for—”

Click! They hang up again.

Me: “—it.”

Moments later, her husband comes down and it turns out he’s super polite and pleasant. Luckily, I have already called my manager and told him the situation and decided to give them the free upgrade.

Male Guest: “Sorry about my wife. This was my fault. I honestly thought she’d fit in the double bed.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!