Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s A Jerk In All Dimensions

, , , , | Right | May 10, 2021

I work at a small movie theater that specializes in 3D movies but has a very limited number of reusable 3D glasses. Therefore, we’re pretty strict about the rule that each guest only gets one pair of glasses. This poses a problem as we have kid glasses for very young children and 2D glasses for people who get headaches from the 3D effect.

A mom and her three kids are holding up the line getting into the theater.

Mom: “I need my kids to have one of each pair so they can change if they don’t like it!”

Me: “Sorry, the rule is that everyone gets only one pair. Your kids seem much too old for the kid glasses, anyway.”

After a few minutes of arguing she finally relents and hands back the kid glasses I gave her initially to trade me for the adult glasses.

However, as she turns to go into the theater, she lunges at me, literally snatches the handful of glasses out of my hands, and charges off into the theater.

The worst part? At the end of the day, two three-year-olds had to wear giant glasses because we ran out of ki’ ones. I got yelled at for that, too, of course. Thanks, lady.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!