Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s A Catho-holic, Part 2

, , , , | Right | December 30, 2020

I work in a Christian bookstore. While we don’t belong to a specific church, we were founded by a Protestant affiliate so we don’t carry Catholic items. Sometimes Catholics will come in looking for rosaries, saint medallions, or the Catholic Bible. We politely tell them we don’t carry those and then inform them of the closest Catholic shop. Most are very nice about that, but this one time is different.

My coworker, a pastor, walks up to the customer and asks if she needs help.

Customer: “Yes, where are your Catholic bibles?”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we don’t carry any.”

Customer: “What? But why not?”

Coworker: “That would be determined by corporate.”

Customer: “You should carry it! The Catholics made the Bible! No one would have the Bible without the Catholics!”

She goes on for a while about how the Catholics wrote the Bible. Both my coworker and I have to stand there silently as she berates us. Eventually, our manager comes over to talk to her. My coworker disappears to the back of the store.

She leaves, unsatisfied, but there is nothing we can do. Then, my coworker comes up with a mischievous look on his face, hiding something behind his back.

Coworker: “Oh, did she leave?”

Me: “Yes.”

Coworker: “A shame. I thought she might like this.”

He held up a beautiful leather-bound edition of Martin Luther’s writings. I couldn’t help but laugh. Who knew pastors had such a devilish sense of humor?

Related:
She’s A Catho-holic

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!