Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Would Like To Make An Out Of Order

, | Right | January 3, 2013

(We are always packed out during lunch. The drive-thru is slammed. A woman in a black SUV pulls out of the parking lot—as opposed to the line that everyone else is using—around the cones intended to keep cutters out, and is a good 9 feet away from the order box, very crooked. She is cutting in line in front of at least 10 people.)

Me: “Excuse me, black SUV, is there something we can help you with?”

Lady: “Yeah! I wanna order!”

Me: “Out of courtesy for our other guests, would you mind pulling around the building and using the line?”

Lady: “It says lane 2 is open, but these cones are in the way!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, that’s because there’s one line that diverges right before the cones and then after the box, merges back tog—”

Lady: “Gimme a number 1 with lemonade and 8 nuggets.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, out of courtesy for the other guests in li—”

Lady: “GIMMEA NUMBER 1 WITH LEMONADE AND 8 NUGGETS!”

Me: “Ma’am, please pull—”

Lady: “NUMBER 1 WITH LEMONADE AND 8 NUGGETS!”

Driver behind Lady: “Lady! Get in line with the rest of us!”

Lady: “NUMBER 1 WITH LEMONADE AND 8 NUGGETS! YOU CAN HEAR ME, SO YOU HAVE TO TAKE MY ORDER!”

Me: “No, ma’am.”

Lady: “You know what? I’m coming to the window.”

(She pulls forward, and the driver behind her gets to the box.)

Driver behind Lady: “That lady was a total b****! I can’t believe you have to put up with that kinda stuff!”

Me: “Sometimes I just really don’t understand people. But what can I get for you, sir?”

Driver behind Lady: *laughs* “I just want a chicken sandwich with honey.”

Me: “No problem! Anything else for you today?”

Driver behind Lady: “That’s it! And good luck!”

Me: “Thanks! I’ll need it!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!