Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Set Herself Up For That

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Warlandobloom | August 7, 2022

I sell phones and everything that goes with phones in a retail setting. The job has gotten frustrating because the people who still go into a retail store are often just people who can’t figure out how to work a website and won’t bother to read anything. This is true for my customer the other day.

This woman comes in and buys a smartwatch, and she wants me to set it up for her. I’m more than happy to do so, but it really just boils down to her needing to configure it to her specifications — things like deciding which wrist it’ll be set for.

Customer: “Just do all the setup for me while I go get coffee.”

Me: “Ma’am, I really need you to stay. It’s going to ask me things that I can’t answer if you’re not here.”

She blows me off.

Customer: “Just do it and I’ll be back.”

I set it up and just guessed what she wanted. When it came to her height and weight, I put 6’2” and 385 pounds and set it to notify her about her daily workout progress as much as possible. She was probably more like 5’5” and 130 pounds.

She came in mad that her watch kept calling her fat and telling her that she needed to walk more.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!