Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Nose What You’re Planning

| Right | March 27, 2013

(I am supervising the changing rooms. A woman calls out from a locked cubicle.)

Woman: “Excuse me! My daughter’s having a nosebleed in here; could you get me a tissue?”

Me: “I don’t have one on me, I’m afraid. Wait a moment; I’ll see if my colleague can bring you one.”

(I call out and wave to my colleague, but she’s busy and doesn’t see me.)

Woman: “Excuse me! I need one now! It’s your job to help me, so do your job and go get me a tissue!”

Me: “I’m not allowed to leave the changing rooms unattended. I’m trying to get one for you; just one moment…”

Woman: “That’s not good enough! I need one now! Do your job!”

(An older lady in another cubicle starts speaking loudly.)

Older Lady: “It’s not her job to look after your daughter. She clearly doesn’t have any tissue, so just go to the toilets yourself. She obviously can’t leave the room while there are people in here; for all she knows, you could be a shoplifter who’s just trying to distract her!”

(A few seconds later, the angry woman emerges from her cubicle. She throws all the clothes she was trying on at me, then storms out of the shop with her suspiciously blood-free daughter. I thank the older lady when she comes out, and congratulate her on being so worldly-wise!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!