Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Must Be High(lands)

, , | Right | April 25, 2011

(We get called to a hay-bale fire in a field. We were the first on scene, but we couldn’t see any fire. The incident was also right next to an air force base. I end up calling the person who reported the fire.)

Me: “Can you please tell us where the fire is, ma’am?”

Caller: *slurring her words* “It’s doon there in the field. There’s a few hay bales on fire, aye.”

Me: “Thank you. We will just have a look.”

(We look.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we couldn’t find any trace of a fire in that field. Are you sure you saw flames?”

Caller: “No, but I did see some odd lights in the sky. I thought it was one of them UFOs. I thought you would want tae have a wee bittie look!”

Me: “I’m terribly sorry, ma’am. We’re the fire brigade. We only deal with fires. Perhaps you would like to speak to the air force base next door?”

Caller: “Ach, it’s fine. I’ll just carry on watching the telly then, and hope the b****** dinnae come back!”


Did you find this story using our Emergency Services roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!