Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Has A Phone To Pick With You

| Right | May 3, 2013

(I am helping a lady pick a bracelet for herself. She has kept her phone on my table.)

Customer: “Yes, this one will do nicely.”

Me: “Great! So you will be buying this one?”

Customer: “Yup. You have some nice collections here. Thanks for all your help.”

(She picks up her phone, puts it in her pocket, and I proceed to check her out. Suddenly, she starts looking for something.)

Me: “Ma’am, are you missing something?”

Customer: “Yes, my phone! I had kept it right on this table here.”

Me: “Oh, I think you kept that in your pocket a few minutes ago.”

Customer: “No! I would have remembered if I did. You stole it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you are mistaken. I was with you the entire time. Why don’t you check your pocket?”

Customer: “No way! So you can steal something else? I know you sort of people. You appear all nice outside, while you steal from paying customers like me! I will report you to the police!”

Me: “How about I call your phone from my phone, so you can find it?”

(We try my suggestion, and sure enough her phone rings from her pocket.)

Customer: “Uhm… I…”

(She goes red in the face and disappears. She returns a couple of days later with a gift card for me. She apologizes for her behavior, and for my trouble, and goes away. To that lady, if she happens to read this: we all make mistakes, but it is rare that we accept our mistakes. Thank you for doing so, and making my day!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!