Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Butter Not Come Back

, , , , , | Right | April 29, 2021

I’m a busboy at a country club. We get an order for lobster with no butter. The lobster is made with no butter either on it or on the side. Not two minutes later, it comes back, clearly not even touched, with the complaint that there is clearly butter on the lobster. So, the chef fires a new one and it gets sent out.

The second lobster comes back again because “there was clearly butter on it” (there wasn’t) and one of the managers was apparently putting out the “fire” with the customer.

I have a delivery near that table a few minutes later and this little old lady is yelling at the top of her lungs and has drawn the attention of almost every member near her table to them.

Eventually, the manager is able to calm her down but has to comp the entire table, all because she was given exactly what she ordered.

To make it worse, she ends up ordering a well-done steak as her comp meal. It is only ready to go out as everyone else at her table is way past done eating, so they all sit there drinking more wine as she takes another thirty minutes to eat her six-ounce steak.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!