Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sharing His Alcohol Problem

| Right | May 7, 2014

(It’s about 1 pm when a clearly drunk and staggering man approaches me in the store. I am also a customer.)

Customer: “Hiya, pretty lady. Wanna go for a drink with me?”

Me: “Um… no, thank you. I’m very busy today and am happily married!”

Customer: “Well… too bad for you!”

(Moments later at the registers, I am in line with couple of customers behind me. The drunken customer stumbles up to them.)

Customer: “Do ya mind if I butt in line ‘ere?”

Other Customer: “Sorry, man. We were here first and the wait really isn’t that long.”

Customer: *pointing at me* “I just wanna stand next to her!”

(At this point I am having my things rung through at the till and exchange a worried glance with the cashier.)

Cashier: *to the drunken customer* “You wait your place in line, sir! Just like everybody else!” *quietly, to me, handing me my purchases* “You go on and get out of here. I’m sending someone out to get his plate number ‘cause he drove here and is clearly pretty intoxicated. Have a nice day. We’ll handle the creep!”

(I leave pretty quick and the drunk customer tries to follow me out, but is stopped by the manager. I didn’t hear what happened, but I am sure thankful the staff was keeping an eye out that afternoon!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!