Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Shakedown On Laziness

, | Working | August 26, 2013

(I am working drive-thru, taking orders alongside two of my coworkers.)

Me: “[Coworker #1], did you make those shakes?”

Coworker #1: “Of course I didn’t! Why would you even ask?”

Me: “Uh… okay. [Coworker #2], ask the customer to pull forward and someone will bring it out.”

(A little time passes, but we are too busy for me to leave my station.)

Me: “[Coworker #1], did you make those shakes yet?”

Coworker #1: “I’m a little busy here if you haven’t noticed! I’ll make them in a second. You pulled them up, so they can wait a while.”

Me: “Okay, I was only asking because I can’t make them.”

(My coworker mumbles something and leaves her station, leaving my second coworker and me on our own. About ten minutes later she comes back.)

Coworker #1: “Oh my God, [my name]! Why haven’t you made those shakes yet?! I swear to God you are so lazy!”

(My manager hears this, and stomps up behind her.)

Manager: “Don’t you yell at her! She has been diligently doing her job while you stood in the break room watching TV! You are supposed to be making the drinks. That includes ice cream and shakes. Now go make them and take them out to customer!”

Me: “For the love of my sanity, please don’t send her back here. We are better off without her.”

Manager: “Don’t worry. I’ve got it covered.”

(An hour later when I am running to my car, I see my coworker sweeping the entire lot in the rain.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!