Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Shake-ing With Rage

, , , , | Right | June 24, 2020

My manager needs to get some of her tasks completed so she lets me take charge and just operates as an acting manager. Our store has a policy that anyone taking orders in drive-thru always needs to end an order asking if their screen is showing correctly so the order does not turn out to be wrong in the end.

Lo and behold, a customer doesn’t check his screen and this is what happens.

Me: “Sorry, sir, what seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “I ordered a vanilla shake but you guys gave me a chocolate shake.”

Me: “All right, can I see your receipt, sir?”

The customer hands me the receipt and I see that his order says chocolate instead of vanilla.

Me: *To my coworker* “Did you ask if his screen was correct?”

Coworker: “Yes.”

Me: *To the customer* “All right, sir, so, as you can see here on your receipt, we had a chocolate shake on your order, and we did ask if your screen was correct. If you’re willing to go to the end of our line so I can help out the rest of the customers in line, I will be glad to fix the shake for you!”

Customer: “But I ordered a vanilla shake!”

Me: “I know, sir, but we did ask if your screen was correct. We have other customers to he—”

Customer: “Just go and make the shake!”

I’ve offered to help him by just having him wait maybe three minutes in line so I can help our other customers and I’ve been nothing but kind to him, so I lose all will to help him anymore.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but like I said, we asked if your screen was correct and it even says here that it’s a chocolate shake.”

Customer: “Why can’t you just make the shake?!”

Because it’s a waste of product.

Me: “Because, sir, we asked if your screen was correct and we even have on the order that it is a chocolate shake.”

Customer: “I’m about to throw this shake at you!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we asked if your screen was correct and it even shows here that we have it ordered as a chocolate shake.”

Customer: “You’re a creep, you know that?”

I am a little taken aback as I was expecting a different insult, one that wouldn’t make me fall down laughing.

Me: “All right, sir! Have a nice day!”

Customer: “A real creep!”

I shut the window as he was shouting that at me and he drove off.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!