Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Setting Daddy’s Little Girl Straight

| Right | March 12, 2014

(I’m gay and working in a clothing store for teens/young adults. A roughly 15-year-old girl comes into the store. Her dad is sitting on a bench right outside the store in clear view of the check-out counter.)

Girl: “Hey there. Do you offer discounts for pretty girls?”

Me: “I’m afraid not. Unless you have a coupon, your total will be [total].”

Girl: “Maybe you can give me a discount for a different kind of coupon?” *slowly pops open the top buttons of her shirt*

Me: “Oh, honey, you’re gonna need a few more years and a surgery before that’s going to work on me.”

Girl: *scowling* “Are you calling me flat-chested?”

Me: “Different kind of surgery, honey.” *pointing out my rainbow bracelet*

Girl: “Oh, ew!”

(The girl’s dad has managed to storm right up next to his daughter without her noticing. He’s clearly fuming.)

Girl’s Dad: “You better have a good reason for flashing this kid your cleavage, [Girl’s Full Name].”

(He made her put all her clothes back and leave the store in tears.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!