Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Separation Of Church And Irate

| Right | May 22, 2013

(A group of women have a weekly Bible study at our coffee shop. I am waiting on a young man in line.)

Customer: “You need to do something about those women over there. They can’t have a Bible study in a place like this.”

Me: “Yes they can. They come here every week, order coffee and pastries, and don’t disturb anyone.”

Customer: “Well, they are offending me! They shouldn’t be here!”

(The customer starts yelling.)

Customer: “SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!”

Me: “Sir, please keep your voice down.”

Customer: “I demand to see your manager!”

(I get my manager, who has been observing this situation from the back room.)

Customer: “A coffee shop is no place for a Bible study. This is offensive!”

Manager: “These women have been meeting here for over five years. They have never caused any problem to anyone. Now give your order to the barista, and then leave.”

(The customer orders, and as he is leaving, walks by the women and knocks a Bible onto the floor. She picks it up, puts it back on the table and heads over to the counter. She thanks me and my manager for sticking up for them, and puts a $20 in the tip jar!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!