Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sending Her Anxiety The Way Of The Dinosaurs

| Working | February 5, 2015

(I’m a young adult with severe anxiety issues, so I always get a bit nervous going out in public. Once a week I meet my sister at a local cafe, but because I have to wait for her to arrive I’m always worried I’ll get called out for not having ordered anything when I sit down. I also always carry a stuffed toy dinosaur with me for comfort. When a server comes over to me, I think I’m about to be kicked out, so I probably look terrified.)

Server: *speaking gently* “You know, I see you come in here a lot, and I just wanted to say I love your dinosaur! Seeing him always makes me want to work extra hard. He makes me so happy.”

Me: “Well… he is a carnivore, so… if you slack off he’ll probably eat you.”

Server: “Oh, consider myself warned! And I just wanted you to know you don’t have to be nervous, dear. We know your friend is coming. Is she buying you cake today?”

Me: *nods*

Server: “Good for you. I’d better get back to work before I get eaten!”

(She smiles at me every time I come in now, and I’m no longer nervous about sitting and waiting for my sister!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!