Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Self-Failing College Students; What Will They Think Of Next?

, , , , , | Learning | April 8, 2018

(I am taking a forensic anthropology class. Our final hands-on exam spans over two class sessions in two days. For the first session, you collect data from an assortment of bones, using that data to fill out questions during the second session. Needless to say, if you miss one of the two final sessions, your grade will not be so hot in the end. We also have to change partners each session to mix up the data. This occurs during the start of the second session.)

Classmate: *to me* “Hey, do you want to partner up today?”

Me: “Sure.”

Classmate: *is quiet for a few seconds, until…* “I was a big dummy and I missed the first day of the exam. What were we doing?”

(Immediately, I cringe inside, as I know this can only end so well for both of us. I explain what happened as the professor hands out worksheets.)

Me: *turning to classmate* “So, where do you want to start?”

Classmate: “I have no idea; I’m so confused.”

Me: “Uh… I have no idea how to help you. You already said you missed the first day of the exam.”

Classmate: *sigh* “I’ll just leave, then.”

(I figure she’ll go talk to the professor, but instead she stands up, pulls a red ink pen from her pencil pouch, and writes a giant “F” on her worksheet. She then pushes her notes to the side of the table, grabs her backpack, and walks out. The professor and I just watch, slack-jawed.)

Me: *turning to professor, still stunned* “What did I do?”

(Luckily, the professor heard the whole exchange and reassured me I did nothing wrong. Less than 30 seconds later, another student arrived, and I got a new partner with whom I was able to complete the test.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!