Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

See Also: Night Classes And Late Work Shifts

, , , , , | Learning | January 21, 2023

My university offers a service where you can rent laptops for a few days. I’m currently having some tech issues and am making use of this service in the meantime.

It’s 7:00 pm on a Monday, only an hour before the front desk at our library closes when I head in to renew my rental. Last night was very long for me, and I didn’t get back to my apartment until around 7:00 am. Then, I had a major exam at midday, so I wasn’t able to get any sleep until the afternoon.

I know I’ve walked in looking like I’ve just rolled out of bed because, well, that’s exactly what I did.

Me: “Hi. Can I renew my laptop rental, please?”

The librarian at the desk looks at me and tsks but starts the process.

Librarian: *In a very condescending tone* “You know, you students need to pull yourselves together. You won’t survive a week in the real world sleeping in until the evening.”

I just stare at her for a moment, just completely stupefied at her comment, before I scowl at her.

Me: “Oh, I’m so sorry. I’ll just make sure to tell my friend to learn to schedule their unplanned emergency room visits better in the future, then.”

She blanched and blessedly kept her mouth shut for the rest of the process. For the record, my friend is okay!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!