Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Secret Agent Man Loses It

, , , , | Right | March 6, 2009

Me: *on the phone* “Hello, thank you for calling [Store]. This is [My Name] speaking. How can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yeah, I need to know what kind of GPS tracers you have.”

Me: “Certainly, sir. We have the Zoombak system here for–”

Customer: “No no no, I need something smaller!”

Me: “Smaller? What are you looking for exactly, sir?”

Customer: “I want to get a GPS that I can slip onto someone’s person so I can follow them around closely! I think my wife’s having an affair.”

Me: “Sir, we don’t sell anything like that here.”

Customer: “But you sell GPS’s!”

Me: “The receivers, sir.”

Customer: “And the transmitters?”

Me: “Huh?”

Customer: “The transmitters for your receivers!”

Me: “No, sir. Not that kind of receiver. We only have the kind that tells you where you are.”

Customer: “So you have nothing I can use to track people? Why not?”

Me: “Well, I’m pretty sure that’s illegal.”

Customer: “What about those things for tracking kids, or the things the police use?”

Me: “The police have special forms for use, and special power to enact them. And the ones for kids are special-case as well, as the child is under 18, so consent isn’t need–”

Customer: “Well then, I want to follow my son around!”

Me: “You just said, ‘wife.’ And we don’t have them.”

Customer: “Oh. What about tasers?”

Me: “We don’t sell weapons.”

Customer: “You don’t sell a lot of things, do you? What about audio bugs?”

Me: “Sir, it seems you want the spy shop. I can give you their number–”

Customer: “Oh, I know all about them! I’ve had covert training, pal! I just thought you might appreciate my covert business. I guess I have to go take my elite covertness over to the spy shop, then. Jerk.” *hangs up*

Coworker: *listening in*“You sure that wasn’t a radio station screwing with you?”


This story is part of the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Read the next Unrealistic-Expectations roundup story!

Read the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!