Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Seat Block Versus A Mental Block

, , , | Right | September 16, 2020

As I work in a very small cinema, we only accept cash as payment. We have two very big signs that say so. You literally can’t miss them. A woman and her husband are buying tickets. After advising them, I print their tickets.

Customer: “Do you accept Visa?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry. We only accept cash payments.”

Customer: “But last time I paid with a card.”

Me: “I’m really sorry, but we don’t have and never have had a card reader. Do you have any cash with you, or do you want to go get some while I have your seats blocked?”

Customer: “No, I don’t have cash with me. Are you sure that I can’t pay with a card?”

I am getting a little pissed, as I have explained three times.

Me: “Again, I am really sorry, but we do not own a card reader and it is not possible for me to install a card reader now.”

Customer: “But someone will buy our seats if we don’t pay now.”

Me: “As I already said, I will keep them blocked if you want to go to the ATM to get some money.”

Customer: “So, nobody can buy our seats?”

Me: “No.”

I blocked the seats and the couple went to get some cash. They never came back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!